Address Not Found on Arduino

I’m currently trying to implement a new evolver_si() object on the Arduino and having problems with server communication. Server indicates that the command is being sent properly but when checking the value of .addressFound it doesn’t flip to true, blocking all the downstream logic (the Arduino indicates that the string is being read as well with correct formatting). When communicating directly with the Arduino over SerialUSB it works fine, making me think it has to do with the Serial1. I’ve tried increasing the serialTimeout on the conf.yml and time.sleep() events on evolver_server.py. Any potential suggestions are welcome

Found the issue: do not use redundant names for when making evolver_si() instances. Example, stir(), temp(), and stir_od() will give problems. Best practice is to have a completely unique name for a given evolver_si() instance (so switching stir_od() to hello() for example to remove clashing with stir()). Thanks to @Brandon for the help here

1 Like

Additionally, I recommend increasing the serial_timeout on the conf.yml when adding more evolver_si() instances to avoid commands clashing.

1 Like