Incomplete data recieved, Error with measurement

Hello, I am running eVOLVER.py and keep getting the following error “Incomplete data recieved, Error with measurement”. I do not find what could be the problem. Has anyone experienced this before? Thank you very much for your help! Best wishes, Anush

Hello, related to my question above: when I run the server_test.py script (from the dpu) everything seems to be working fine from the command line but the eVOLVER is not responding. The server_test.py should be defining alternating stirring and no stirring intervals of time, but the eVOLVER is not responding to this and keeps stirring all the time…

Hi Anush,

Can you post a screenshot of the logs from the Raspberry Pi? You can view the logs by first ssh’ing to the RPi, then running sudo supervisorctl followed by tail -f evolver.

Thanks,
Zack

Hi Zack,

Thanks a lot for your answer and help!!
Maybe something important to note is that I am connecting to the eVOLVER through my university network and not through a router.
I am sending here the screenshot of the logs. These logs seem to be from a default script run by the eVOLVER when it is turned on and not from the eVOLVER.py or server_test.py I am running from the dpu.
In the logs I see a new error “Response has incorrect address”. I found some threads separately in this forum where these were discussed and you suggested increasing the serial_timeout in conf.yml and increasing the time.sleep in evolver_server.py. I applied those and sent the updated files to the eVOLVER + restarted it (through ssh), but the error remains appearing in the logs, and I keep having the same problems defined above with eVOLVER.py and server_test.py.

Thank you for any though and help!!!

Best wishes,
Anush

Hi Anush,

Based on your logs it looks like the server is unable to communicate with the SAMD21 microcontrollers, which is why you are seeing incomplete data in the DPU logs. What did you modify the time.sleep() and server_timeout fields to?

Another thing to try is plug in one of the SAMD21s to your laptop or lab computer and open the serial monitor.

You should see the commands being written out here. If you don’t, that means there is something wrong with the RS-485.

Zack

2 Likes

I agree with Zacks assessment.

To add to that, I would make sure the RS485 wire is connected properly. If you open the machine, there should be a telephone wire looking cable that connects the raspberry Pi to the Motherboard. Make sure that is properly connected.

2 Likes

Hi Zack and Brandon,

Thank you both very much for your advice!!!
We opened the eVOLVER and it turns out that a microcontroller had fallen out of place…
It is all working now!!!
Thanks a lot!

Best wishes,
Anush

2 Likes