eVOLVER Comsumables

Starting an eVOLVER experiment and figuring out what are consumables, or nice to haves in the lab? Here’s a list to get you started:

Glass Culture Vessels - Chem Glass

Pipette Tips for Sampling (NOTE: Get the equivalent that works with your pipettors)

Tubing and Leur Connectors - McMaster-Carr

• High-Temperature Silicone Rubber Tubing Semi-Clear White, Durometer 70A, 1/8" ID, 1/4" OD
    – 51135K73

• Chemical-Resistant Barbed Tube Fitting Tee Connector, for 1/8" Tube ID, 250°F Maximum Temperature
    – 5121K731

• Plastic Quick-Turn Tube Coupling, Plugs, for 1/16" Barbed Tube ID, Polypropylene
    – 51525K141

• Plastic Quick-Turn Tube Coupling, Plugs, for 5/32" Barbed Tube ID, Polypropylene
    – 51525K144

• Plastic Quick-Turn Tube Coupling, Sockets, for 1/16" Barbed Tube ID, Polypropylene
    – 51525K291

• Plastic Quick-Turn Tube Coupling, Sockets, for 5/32" Barbed Tube ID, Polypropylene
    – 51525K294

Needles for interfacing with the culture (see post for more details)

Networking

What ID is the tubing that comes with the eVOLVER?

Can the tubes be autoclaved between experiments for sterility? Or do you recommend flushing them out?

Please refer to our Jove paper

Question about the pipette tips- we have LTS pipettors. Will these tips work?

• I’m worried the OD is too wide (says the tips fit through 8mm ID septa holes). The sampling port is only ~4.4mm in diameter.
  • I’m a little confused here, as the LTS pipette tips have a similar length and volume to the universal FisherBrand ones you have recommended, suggesting their diameter should be similar.
  • Would you recommend buying these pipette tips?

I’m not familiar with the Rainin tips/pipettes so I don’t have a specific recommendation here. Maybe someone else might have more experience.

Hi there,

Did you try these tips you mentioned? Can they pass through the sampling holes with ~4.4mm in diameter?

Thanks.