Graphing Tool Error

Hello,

I am getting an error when I try to run the graphing tool. I am still a pretty new coder. Any ideas on how to fix this error? I am using the following script with ipython, as shown on GitHub: “run graphing/src/manage.py runserver.” I made sure the terminal is referencing the correct folder (using “cd” to navigate to the dpu-master folder).

The error I am getting is:

It looks like you’re missing some dependencies. Did you follow the directions in the readme file for installing everything? Can you show the line in the terminal where you make the call?

I followed the readme earlier on and used “py setup.py install,” but perhaps it didn’t stick, so I’ll try it again. I used “run graphing/scr/manager.py runserver” (with ipython) to make the call, and it’s right at the top of the screenshot.

I am noticing now that the first part of the readme suggests this script:
“py experiment/your_exptdir/main_eVOLVER.py”
Does this mean that my eVOLVER file should be named “main_eVOLVER.py”? For experiments, I have been using “py experiment/template/eVOLVER.py --verbose” and keeping files all together in the template folder. I name a new experiment within the “custom script.py” file, and the script sets up a new data collection folder for the new experiment. Is there a better work flow?

Thank you for the help.

Ah that’s definitely some out of date documentation. I’ll update that soon, thanks for pointing it out.

1 Like

This issue was resolved off-thread - basically attempting to install the dependencies on an anaconda python installation was causing problems. A workaround is to have a separate python installation for running the graphing utility webapp, or use venv.

It is also important to get the versions of the dependencies listed in requirements.txt, especially for django and bokeh.

1 Like

Hello!
Hope everyone is doing well. We are setting up the eVOLVER system on a new PC. I hit an error, and I am hoping for help or hints to try. (Note, I have not installed Anaconda yet, simply python.) I followed these steps, based on the Fynch GitHub:

• Installed Python 3.8 from the Windows x86-64 executable installer for 64-bit
  • Download the latest DPU folder from Fynch GitHub and navigated the terminal window to it using “cd”
  • Installed the dependencies by typing “py setup.py install”
    Then I got this error message:

Hi Katie,

Can you try running the following, then re-running the setup script:

py -m pip install --upgrade setuptools

Zack

Thank you Zack! Daniel got all the errors fixed just now, and now I am up and running! We did use the script you recommended, and also updated bokeh.

Katie

Hi @heinsz and Team,

I went to start a new experiment, and it looks like the socketIO-client was not available. I thought I could retrace our steps by going back and running the setup.py, but I think I somehow broke it, as I am back to the same EasyInstall error as before, except now with the socketIO-client.

Can you recommend any more troubleshooting steps for this? I will make a point to document the solution a bit better for other folks (and my future self).

Thank you!
Katie

For my note directly above, here is the error. Any ideas?

Follow up for future viewers - we resolved this by manually installing bokeh with pip. I created a github issue to find the root cause.

3 Likes