Temperature control stopped working

Hello!
I tried replacing the power supply, and the spinning and heating are still not working. When I first turned the eVOLVER back on, I got the initial burst of spinning for about 30 seconds and then it stopped. I tried changing the spin rate from the GUI, and by starting an experiment file but neither helped. The replacement power supply was installed correctly, as the green LED turned on and the multimeter reading was 12V. I don’t see any scorching or corrosion on the electrical components, but there must be a failed connection somewhere that I cannot see.

Any other ideas to try, or recommended approaches to track down the issue? I am a bit puzzled at this point. Thank you for your help!
Katie

Hi!
Looking more closely, the connection to the V+ port for the motherboard melted and becomes very warm when turned on. This seems similar to: 12V Power Supply Connection to Motherboard Melted, although the voltage delivered from the power supply on our eVOLVER seems to hold consistent at 12V. The stir and heating functions operate for a few minutes occasionally, usually after turning the unit back on, and then shut off. Now I am wondering if they function until the connection overheats?

If those are melting it means something is shorted upstream of that point (motherboard/smart sleeves). You should closely inspect all the wires and heaters on the smart sleeves - basically all components that are supplied by that cable. It might also be worth popping the motherboard off to look for damage on the other side, but @bgwong might have some other advice before doing that.

This was fixed by just swapping out the wiring harness.

1 Like